Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Celebrating Three Years

Because I'm a dork like this and I love my husband, today is our official three year anniversary of when we first started dating. I had known him through mutual friends for a couple of years before that and we had hung out together, but it took me awhile to realize I had feelings for him. Thanks to some miscommunication from one of my good friends, we actually ended up getting together, so I couldn't stay mad at her for too long...



It's been a wild ride. After spending the fall together, I graduated from college and moved back home two hours away (thankfully his hometown was 20 minutes from where my dad was living at the time). However, he still had another year-and-a-half to go, including summer classes. While we didn't get to see each other in person every day or even every week, we definitely utilized Skype and FaceTime.

For those who are curious, we actually just "celebrated" the two year anniversary of our engagement on August 6. He proposed to me at sunrise on a cruise in the Bahamas. His whole family was secretly taking pictures from above. Now I know to trust him when he tells me to get dressed, even if it is 6 a.m. on vacation...





After the hubs graduated, we tied the knot at a local wedding venue complete with a barn, lake and old cars (the perfect southern wedding). That milestone also celebrated it's one year anniversary on June 8. In honor of the occasion, we took a weekend trip to Nashville and the Grand Ole Opry.




These three years definitely haven't always been easy or fun, but with the man I love by my side at the end of the way, they've been worth it. He truly is my best friend and partner in crime, and I can't wait for all the adventures yet to come in our lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment