Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Who Saved Who? Athena's First Adoptionversary

“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.” 

The day we adopted her
Our first family photo
Sunday, October 26 was Athena's one year adoption anniversary/her new birthday (she turned four) with the hubs & I. It seems like just yesterday we went to the local shelter to rescue her (or did she rescue us??). The past year has flown by & I'm happy to have this sweet pup in our lives. While she may love getting into the trash or frustrating us to no end when she whines to go out but won't go potty, her good qualities, companionship, tail wags and love are irreplaceable

I've not always had a dog in my house, but I have for the majority of my life; and, I did work at a dog boarding, grooming and daycare facility for many years, so warm puppies have always been a passion (and weakness) of mine. 

To celebrate her birthday, we not only showered her with lots of love (and maybe some human food too), but we also got her a few gifts (a giant bone & squeaky football) & took her to my dad's house (the farm) to run around with her doggy friends. Of course, we also brought party favors for all of the other pups to enjoy, too.








"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment