Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Mealtime Monday: Savory Crescent Chicken Squares

This week's recipe is one I stumbled upon in college and then modified to meet my needs (and taste buds). I've made it for tons of people, and everyone seems to love it! I even submitted it to this year's church cookbook.

Savory Crescent Chicken Squares

Ingredients:
1 can of crescent rolls
1 block of cream cheese
4+ chicken tenders cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces (I would say 2 tenders for each person)
Half cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 packet dry ranch mix (season to taste)



Directions:
1. Cut up and cook chicken until done. (I prefer to cut my chicken before cooking to speed up the process.)
2. Soften cream cheese in the microwave and mix in ranch, half of the cheddar cheese and cooked chicken.
3. Roll out crescent dough to create the number of squares you're baking. I made two big squares tonight, but I've found you can make three normal sized ones from one can of rolls.
4. Scoop out cream cheese mixture onto the dough.
5. Fold the dough onto itself to make a "square" or pocket for the cream cheese mixture.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese onto the tops of the squares and bake at 375 for around 11-13 minutes.
7. Dig in!



No comments:

Post a Comment