Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Football Y'all

Y'all it is almost my favorite season, football. And, yes, here in the south football is definitely a season (& a religion).

It's Friday nights spent under the lights cheering on your hometown team, and Saturdays spent in college towns (or in front of the TV) cheering on the SEC.

Growing up, I spent my Fridays in The Hornet's Nest cheering on my Roswell Hornets. These days, I cheer for a different kind of flying insect (though not on Saturdays), the Calhoun Yellow Jackets. I love the atmosphere that only a good old fashioned high school football game can bring.




However, the real action & my real passion is the Georgia Bulldawgs. Since the time I was little & listening to Larry Munson call some of the greatest plays to now when I'll proudly be showing off my spirit from my season ticket holder seats, the red & black has always run deep inside me.


I can hear old Munson now as the Battle Hymn begins to play and he says two words, two simple words, GO DAWGS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment