Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Walking in Faith

Just pray about it.

How many times have you heard that phrase? I know that I've heard it more times than I can count. And, really, it's not bad advice, but sometimes God doesn't answer. I know God doesn't always answer for a reason, but it can still be hard when you know you have a decision to make and you'd like a little input from the man upstairs.


Most recently, the hubs & I have been praying about our church and my role as a youth director. We started attending a local church that neither of us has been to after we got married last summer, so that we would have a clean slate. We loved everything it had to offer; the service was a mix of traditional and contemporary, they had several ways to get involved and the people are genuinely nice. And, while we still love the people and the ministries they provide, lately we've been feeling as if maybe it isn't our permanent church home. That being said, one of the things I had especially gotten involved in at the church was as the youth director. I love spending time with the kids and teaching them about the power of God's love, and I've really bonded with two seventh grade girls. However, the commitment has become more than I can handle on top of everything else I had going on, and I know I'm not able to give it my all like I would like to and like they would deserve.

After several months of prayer and conversations, I've decided to give up my role as the youth director, though I'm still going to act as a big sister/mentor for my girls, and we are going to start the process of visiting other churches to see if God gives us any "aha" moments. This is definitely a process of mixed emotions, as I'm sad to leave the comfortable routine we've established and nervous about attending new places. But at the same time, it's an exciting time filled with opportunities for us to serve God in different ways than we've had before.

And, in the end, I know we will end up exactly where God wants us to be, even if that means we end up right back were we started. But, for now, we're going to take a walk of faith and see where it leads.



No comments:

Post a Comment