Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Mealtime Monday: Crockpot Taco Soup

Ready for another ridiculously easy recipe? This week I'm sharing my favorite versions of crockpot taco soup. Even though I'm not a big soup person (especially in the summer), this is one I don't mind eating no matter what the weather is outside.




Ingredients:
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can petite diced tomatoes or salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning
Chicken breasts or canned chicken
Sour cream,  shredded cheese, Fritos, etc. for topping


Directions:
1. Place chicken breasts or canned chicken in the bottom of your crockpot. I generally use 2 breasts for one pot.
2. Add in all of the cans/packets and stir them together.
3. Turn crockpot on low and let it set for 6-8 hours. 
4. If you used chicken breasts, be sure to shred them before serving.

The above recipe should make plenty for four people. I've doubled it before and had plenty for six people with most of them getting a second serving!

I personally like to mix everything the night before, leave it in the fridge and turn on the crockpot before I leave for work (so simple!). I also top mine with cheese, sour cream and crumbled  Fritos, but those are completely optional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment