Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Little of This, a Little of That

Sorry that I've been sort of MIA lately, but life has been crazy [[or crazier than normal]] these past two weeks. Here's a little bit of what I've been up to:


  • Last Sunday, we sent my sister-in-laws back to college. They are on athletic and academic scholarships at a small, private college in West Virginia, and I couldn't be more proud of all they are accomplishing.
  • Work the past few weeks has been insane. I'm planning multiple events, juggling multiple projects and starting to work on budgets for next year.
  • Friday night was Calhoun's first official football game of the season against our rival, Dalton. They scored early and often to put themselves in the lead 14-0, but we ended up making up for it in the second half to come out with a W with a final score of 21-0.
  • Saturday, we celebrated my in law's 25th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal. It was such a joyous occasion filled memories that induced both laughter and tears.  I am blessed to now call myself a part of their family, and I can only hope to have a marriage as solid as theirs is.
  • Sunday, the hubs & I had a mini date night at the movies. We saw The Giver, which was definitely a beautiful movie. I remember reading the book when I was younger, and I find the commentary on life a very important message for people of all ages.

  • I've also been hanging out with my dad a lot. We try to see him once or twice a week, but it's always nice to hang out at his house with all the animals and nature.
That's just a small slice of my life at the moment. What have you all our there in bloggerland been up to? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment