Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

So Many Books, So Little Time

Happy Read a Book Day! And, yes, I am a nerd like that. I love books. I've always loved them. In honor of this very literary occasion, I'll be sharing some of my favorite titles both past and present.


“You just hold your head high and keep those fists down. No matter what anybody says to you, don't you let 'em get your goat. Try fightin' with your head for a change. -Atticus Finch” 

To Kill a Mockingbird is definitely my all time favorite novel. I love the symbolism and life lessons woven in throughout.


"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -Albus Dumbledore"

Harry Potter defined my childhood. I find it amusing that I absolutely hated the books the first time I tried to read them, but a year later, I absolutely devoured them.


“Dogs have important jobs, like barking when the doorbell rings, but cats have no function in a house whatsoever.” 

Any dog lover will be moved by this book as it follows one dog as he struggles to find his purpose through several different lives. I also recommend The Art of Racing in the Rain to dog fanatics.



“Holy crap, I’m scared. 
Holy crap, you’re human. You should be scared.” 

The Maze Runner is reminiscent of The Hunger Games and Divergent series, but I am absolutely loving the story line that keeps me guessing.

Now it's your turn, what are some of your favorite books? Comment below with the title and author or a link to your latest book review!

No comments:

Post a Comment