Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Book Review: Fly a Little Higher


Do you know those life changing, view altering books? Those are my favorite. While I do love to read fluffy books just for fun, I also try to read books that make me think or that I just have a feeling will change my life in some way. I think this need partially comes from being a journalism major and part-time blogger; words are a powerful form of communication. 

Most recently, I read a little book with a big message called Fly a Little Higher. I stumbled upon it in Barnes & Noble, took a picture of the cover and downloaded it to my kindle when I got home.

Fly a Little Higher follows the story of a boy who was diagnosed with cancer, fought it for many years and did the most with what he had, both time and resources. Eventually, he came to the point where he was declared terminal, but, he was okay with it. Written by his mom, the story follows him in diaryesque form through the span of several years, including his last year, which is when he made several really BIG things happen that not only made his last few months some of the best of his life, but helped him leave a lasting legacy behind. Overall, the story is truly a testament of how God has a plan for everything in our lives, the good and the bad.

I hope you'll pick up this book from your local bookstore or download it to your e-reader. I think you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment